Volunteering at ReStore
Volunteers serve a vital role in helping ReStore achieve its mission.
With your help, our ReStore keeps tons of usable materials from entering the landfill every year and has raised over $3 million in sales to help build Habitat for Humanity homes in our local community.
We achieve our mission only because individuals like you help us keep our store operations running smoothly. Volunteers give our stores a unique fun, easy going, creative work environment that encourages our customers to keep coming back. We are truly thankful for everyone who has helped us along the way.
We can find valuable work for nearly all skill levels. If you have the compassion and dedication to improve your community, we'd love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ReStore!
Please contact our Director of Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 578-7707 x105 for more information and to sign up for a brief orientation.
What are some typical duties during a ReStore volunteer shift?
A volunteer shift at ReStore might include receiving donations, sorting materials (hardware, tile, tools, etc.), building displays, and basic maintenance duties such as sweeping, cleaning, and organizing our aisles. Every day is a little different and everything you do to help is important, so we appreciate your flexibility as a volunteer! There are many ways in which community members can engage with ReStore. If you have a specific skill set that you feel could benefit our program, we'd love to hear from you!
What to Wear
* All volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes. No exceptions.
* Wear work clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
* Wear clothes appropriate for the weather, you may be working outside.
* Please refrain from wearing imaging on your clothing that might be considered offensive or inappropriate, as you will be representing Habitat for Humanity during your volunteer shift.
What to Bring
* Bring a lunch if you will be working all day.
* Please leave your cell phone, headphones and other valuables in your car or at home.
* A good sense of humor and flexible attitude, as we have come to expect the unexpected!
When you Arrive for Your First Shift
* Check in at the register and ask for the manager.
* If you are under 18, your waiver must be signed by a parent before you can begin working.
* You will receive an orientation and tour of the store before starting on the day's task list.
* We are unable to accommodate volunteers under the age of 16.
* If you are under 18, you MUST either be accompanied by an adult OR have your waiver signed by your parent or guardian.
Thank you and have fun! We're glad you chose to volunteer with the ReStore!