Volunteers serve a vital role in helping the ReStore achieve its mission.
With your help, we keep tons of usable materials out of the landfill each year and have raised over $3 million in sales to build Habitat for Humanity homes in our local community.
We achieve our mission only because individuals like you help us keep our store operations running smoothly. Volunteers give our stores a unique fun, easy going, creative work environment that encourages our customers to keep coming back. We are truly thankful for everyone who has helped us along the way.
We can find valuable work for nearly all skill levels. If you have the compassion and dedication to improve your community, we'd love to hear from you.
Please call (707) 578-7707 ext. 105 or email us at email@example.com for more information on volunteering.
WarehouseWhat to Expect
A volunteer shift at the ReStore may include: receiving donations, sorting materials (like hardware, tile, tools, etc.), building displays, and basic maintenance duties such as sweeping, cleaning and organizing our aisles. Every day is a little different, and everything you do to help is important, so we appreciate your flexibility as a volunteer! There are a variety of ways community members can engage with the ReStore. If you have a specific skill set that you feel could benefit our program, we'd love to hear from you!
What to wear
* All volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes. No exceptions.
* Wear work clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
* Wear clothes appropriate for the weather, you may be working outside.
* Please refrain from wearing imaging on your clothing that may be offensive or inappropriate, as you will be representing Habitat for Humanity during your volunteer shift.
What to bring
* Bring a lunch if you will be working all day.
* Please leave your cell phone, headphones and other valuables in your car or at home.
* A good sense of humor and flexible attitude, as we have come to expect the unexpected!
* We are unable to accommodate volunteers under the age of 16.
* If you are under 18, you MUST either be accompanied by an adult OR have your waiver signed by your parent or guardian.
When you arrive for your first shift
* Check in at the register and ask for the manager.
* If you are under 18, your waiver must be signed by a parent before you can begin working.
* You will receive an orientation and tour of the store before starting on the day's task list.