How to Donate Materials to our Habitat ReStore
Thank you for considering a donation to our Habitat ReStore!
Please review the ReStore donation criteria section below. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call 707-568-3228 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donation Hours: Mon–Sat 9–4 – Please do not drop off any items without first talking to store staff or a volunteer.
Store Hours: Tue–Sat 9–5
We prefer that customers bring in their donations, but we do offer a free pick-up service for large donations within Sonoma County. Please call 707-568-3228 ext. 2 to schedule a donation pick-up.
Sonoma County Habitat for Humanity is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations to ReStore are tax-deductible.
ReStore Donation CriteriaClick on any materials category link below for expanded information.
- Less than 10 years old
- Fully functioning
- All parts and pieces included, assembled, and in working order; cannot be missing parts that impede functionality in any way
- Free of rust and excessive grease and black mold
- No significant aesthetic or functional damage
- Must have all doors, shelves, and drawers; no missing pieces or parts
- Free of significant structural, aesthetic, or functional damage
- Free of mold and water damage
- Must be in excellent condition: no peeling veneer, holes, patched holes, cracks, broken glass, or failed seals
- Free of water damage
- Not modified in any way by customer
- Free of excessive rust
- No conduit lengths; fittings ok
- All materials must be NEW, UNUSED, AND IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING
- Tile and flooring will only be accepted in quantities of 50 square feet or more
- Vinyl flooring will only be accepted in quantities of 30 square feet or more
- Carpet will only be accepted in quantities of 100 square feet or more
- Upholstered furniture must be in "like new" condition.
- No pet stains. No rips, tears, or discolouration.
- No smokers odor. No sleeper sofas or hide-a-beds. No mattresses.
- Wood furniture must be in good condition. No water damage, stains or mold.
- Free of excessive rust or corrosion
- Functional or useable
- All lights must be in working condition; no frayed wires or significant corrosion
- Bulbs must be new and in packaging, no fluorescents or ballasts
- No recessed can or track lighting
- All necessary mounting hardware must be included
- Must be new, bagged, free of holes and tears, not damaged or permeated by moisture
- No used insulation
- Tools and equipment must be in good, working condition; no fix-its needed
- Lawn and farming products must not be expired or within relative close range to expiration
- Bricks and pavers must be free of mortar
- Sheet lumber must be in full (4'x8') or half sheets; no scraps
- Lengths of lumber, molding, and base boards must at least 6'; no scraps
- All lumber must be new/unused and free of mold and water damage
- Porcelain items must be free of chips, cracks, and significant discoloration
- Cast iron items must be free of excessive rust and chips, cracks and significant discoloration
- Toilets must be rated 1.8 or less GPF and have a clear indication of this behind the seat or inside the toilet tank; toilets without this mark cannot be accepted
- Vanity tops must have the cabinet to match them or be a relatively symmetrical shape and size; CULTURED MARBLE VANITY TOPS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.
- No PVC lengths; fittings ok.
- All materials must be new/unused
- Must be fully functional and have all parts necessary for functionality
- Must have no frame damage, be fully functional (ex: no need to replace sash window springs)
- Include all parts necessary for functionality (ex: crank windows must have crank and case cover)
- No chipped or cracked glass, no failed seals
- Aluminum windows (anodized or not) and single pane cannot be accepted
- Appliances more than 10 years old
- Ballast or fluorescent light tubes
- Used tile or carpet
- E-waste or office equipment
- Exercise equipment
- Unframed glass
- Chemical solvents/strippers
- Used patching materials: putty, grout, etc.
- Broken or incomplete items
- Items subjected to rodent waste