Are you looking to donate furniture? Maybe that couch that no longer looks great in your living room even though it’s in “like new” condition? Or, maybe you’re upgrading your dining room and have a table with matching chairs that are in good condition? If you’re wondering where to donate furniture, The ReStore operated by Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County is a win-win-win for everyone. All profits support build programs and some of the items donated to the ReStore are used in Habitat for Humanity homes. We offer a vast inventory of construction material, lighting, appliances, furnishings, home décor, and so much more. We make home improvement affordable for customers and reduce land-fill waste. Every donation and every purchase helps build affordable homes in Sonoma County!
Who We Are
Begun in 1984, Habitat for Humanity has helped 34 families move into new, affordable homes. These proud homeowners supply 500 hours of sweat equity. Current large scale projects include:
- 10 units at Somerset Place in West Santa Rosa.
- Sonoma Wildfire Cottages in Santa Rosa is nearly complete and will house nine families impacted by the 2017 Tubbs fire. All units are one- or two-bedroom homes that range from 380-744 square feet.
- Site work has begun and building applications are in process for two of the 10 homes in Green Valley Village in Graton, as per the developer’s contract.
- In the planning stages, Duncan Village in Windsor will house 16 families.
When Can You Donate?
We accept donations Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm, and Saturday, 9am-4pm, and ask that you speak with store staff or volunteers before dropping off any items. We have certain criteria about the donations that will help us assist families in need in Sonoma County. For example, other home interior items we can use are:
- Flat-screen TVs in working condition.
- Full dish sets.
- Four or more pieces of glassware.
- Cookware or bakeware that is in excellent condition.
- Home décor including wall art, mirrors, vases, sculpture, small fountains, and pottery.
- Small appliances such as blenders, toasters, food processors, coffeemakers, and similar items that are in “like-new” condition.
- Large appliances, for example, refrigerators washing machines, or dryers that are less than 10 years old, fully functioning and free of excessive wear and tear.
If you are wondering where to donate furniture, home interior items, and construction materials, check out the ReStore. You are helping us address one of the region’s most pressing needs when you donate furniture to Habitat for Humanity. We assist hard-working, deserving families in securing affordable, stable housing. You can email us at [email protected] or call us at 707-568-3228. Or, just stop by at our convenient location at 1201 Piner Rd. in Santa Rosa. Your donation builds homes, community, and hope.