|Job Title: ReStore Assistant Driver/Warehouse Associate||Starting Pay Rate: $17.25|
|Reports to: ReStore Manager||Job Location: Santa Rosa|
|Hours/Week: Full Time||FLSA Status: Non-Exempt|
|Employment Status: Regular, At Will||Pay Basis: Semi-Monthly|
The Habitat ReStore home improvement outlet store sells new and gently used building materials and home improvement items at greatly reduced prices to the public. All proceeds support the mission of Habitat for Humanity. The ReStore Assistant Driver/Warehouse Associate is responsible for assisting with donation pick-ups and delivery throughout Sonoma County. The drivers are the face of the affiliate and may be the only contact a donor has with Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County and so customer service skills are an integral part of this position. This position will assist with donation pick up, working in the store to move donations and will occasionally drive the truck when needed.
- Riding or driving a 16′ (or more) box truck to pick up donations
- Providing a prompt, professional pickup service for customers with donations
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of sales and receiving areas through processing materials for recycle, sales,
sweeping, arranging stock, materials and tools
- Assist with loading customers purchased materials into vehicles with courtesy and professionalism
- Upkeep of vehicles, including informing manager when there is an issue that needs to be addressed
- Answer general customer questions and exhibiting superior customer service
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment and proper upkeep of company tools and equipment
- Participate in keeping the warehouse clean and safe for all
- Perform other related duties as assigned ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Ensure ReStore policies and procedures are closely followed in the warehouse and outside yard, as well as policies regarding unacceptable items
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a clean CA driver’s license and be able to be insured on Habitat’s insurance policy
- Must be a team player and also have the ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Good communication and time management skills
- Committed to a safe, clean and secure working environment for staff, volunteers and customers
- Ability to handle customer situations with grace and dignity
- Some knowledge of tools, building supplies and home improvement highly desirable
- The individual must understand and appreciate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able stand for long periods of time on concrete surfaces
Education, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Minimum high school education; college courses and/or degree a plus
- Valid California Driver’s License and insurability under affiliate automobile insurance policy
- Maintain a clean driving record.
Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle merchandise and fixtures
throughout the store. Physical ability to bend, lift up to 50 lbs., and perform repetitive manual actions. Ability to work in warehouse environment, which includes exposure to dust, heat and cold.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for lifting, climbing and crawling; work on slippery or uneven surfaces; operate motorized equipment or vehicles; bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone; lift horizontally and vertically.
This is a full-time position (30-40 hrs per week). It may be necessary to occasionally work extra hours or some evenings and weekends, as determined by supervisor.
Full-time employees are offered Health, dental and Life Insurance at low or no cost to the employees. vacation accrual, sick time accrual are provided along with selected paid holidays.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume. Or stop by ReStore to fill an application.