Due to Shelter in Place we cannot accept volunteers at this time.
Volunteers serve a vital role in helping ReStore achieve its mission.
Sign up for your first shift at the bottom of this page! Volunteers are required to sign this Volunteer Liability form before their first shift.
Questions? Contact our Director of Volunteer Services at [email protected] or by calling 578-7707 x105.
Watch a video with volunteers in action.
What are some typical duties during a ReStore volunteer shift?
A volunteer shift at ReStore might include receiving donations, sorting materials (hardware, tile, tools, etc.), building displays, and basic maintenance duties such as sweeping, cleaning, and organizing our aisles. Every day is a little different and everything you do to help is important, so we appreciate your flexibility as a volunteer! There are many ways in which community members can engage with ReStore. If you have a specific skill set that you feel could benefit our program, we’d love to hear from you!
What to Wear
- All volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes. No exceptions.
- Wear work clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Wear clothes appropriate for the weather, you may be working outside.
- Please refrain from wearing imaging on your clothing that might be considered offensive or inappropriate, as you will be representing Habitat for Humanity during your volunteer shift.
What to Bring
- Bring a lunch if you will be working all day.
- Please leave your cell phone, headphones and other valuables in your car or at home.
- A good sense of humor and flexible attitude, as we have come to expect the unexpected!
Here the steps to follow to be a new ReStore volunteer.
- You must complete the online volunteer application.
- You must be 18 years old.
- Teenagers aged from 15-17 can volunteer at ReStore, but must have their parents sign a minor liability. Please email [email protected].
- Sign up for a shift through the calendar at the bottom of the page.
- On arriving to the ReStore for your first shift please check in at the register and notify them you’re a new volunteer.
- Before you start working you will receive a tour and orientation.